We each have different triggers behind our stress, according to Dr. Sonia Lupien, the director of the Center for Studies on Human Stress. She says that stress must contain at least one of the four ingredients: Novelty, Unpredictability, Threat to the Ego, Sense of Control (lack of). Knowing the emotions behind your stress may be the first step to overcoming it. Read more here.
Simply sitting, relaxing and bringing your attention to your breath (aka meditation) can do wonders for your hormones in several ways!
- Meditation gets you out of flight-or-flight mode, lowers blood pressure and heart rate, and improves blood sugar, immune function and digestion (by balancing adrenal hormones).
- Makes you feel happy and relaxed (through the release of the brain chemicals serotonin and oxytocin).
- Helps you sleep better (by increasing melatonin).
- Improves focus and memory (through the release of dopamine).
- Slows the aging process (by increasing DHEA and insulin-like growth factor).
- Helps bring back that sex drive (by lowering the stress hormone, cortisol).
Full article here
“The key to healthy skin isn’t just dealing with the symptoms — like lathering on potions and lotions, popping and pricking pimples, or taking antibiotics or strong liver-damaging medication… Good Skin Comes from the Inside Out, Not the Outside In!.. A Poor Diet is Bad for Your Skin.. Hormonal Imbalances Cause Skin Problems.. Leaky Gut and Food Allergies Cause Acne..and Stress causes acne flare-ups.” Link to full article: http://drhyman.com/blog/2010/05/19/how-to-get-rid-of-acne-pimples-and-other-skin-problems/#close